Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A whole lot of nothing

What I hate more than anything is when I sit down to write and can't remember what I wanted to write about. I know that I had thought of something to blog about, but for the life of me I can't remember what. So instead you get this:

Yesterday I went to the dentist. I have an abscess that I really want to do something about. The technician came in and did my ex rays and then after they were developed she left them in the room for the dentist. I was amazed to see that an abscess shows up in an ex ray. That was about all I could learn by looking at my ex ray myself.

The dentist finally comes in and as he looks at the ex rays he asks me why I'm there. (AS if not having been for a year and a half wasn't a good enough reason.) So I tell him that I have an abscess and where it's located. Without looking up he goes, "Yeah, you sure do." (That's how I know that I was right about what I was seeing.) He then goes into a lot of technical talk with his assistant.

After all of that the dentist tells me that I need a root canal. I say okay and he says that he wants me on antibiotics. I about had a cow. I just finished 2 rounds of amoxicillan. So I let him know that and he looked at me like I was some sort of junkie hooked on antibiotics and asked me who prescribed them. I told him and he wanted to know when I finished the last round. (Which makes a lot of sense to me.) He then prescribes some antibiotics and tells me to have them on hand just in case the infection flares up again. I want to know what kind of super infection I have that 2 rounds of antibiotics doesn't cure it.

Oh well, I get the root canal in a couple of weeks and maybe that'll fix it.

No comments: