Tuesday, December 04, 2007

And then he pulls a stunt like this...

My husband can be so sweet. I got paid today, and due to getting extra hours we had more cash than usual. I was thinking of all the things that we need to get done and trying to prioritize them. That's about when Donny told me that I had to put $100 in my dad's wallet.

Donny's not allowed to have cash, so I wasn't surprised that he said for me to give the money to my dad, what surprised me was the amount of money that he wanted put away. So I started questioning him. Why do you want me to put that money away? Is there something that I should know?

Donny had to think about it for a bit before deciding to answer me. At first he just said that it was for a Christmas present. That's when I started trying to bargain him down to a smaller amount, but he was adamant. He thought about it, realized that I would have to be in on the purchasing phase of things, and decided to tell me what was going on.

My husband wants me to buy myself a pair of shoes. He wants me to actually spend $100 on 1 pair of shoes. For budgetary reasons I just can't bring myself to spend that much on 1 pair of shoes. This is why tomorrow my husband is going shopping with me while I look for shoes.

Just when I'm convinced that the sweet, thoughtful man that I married is gone for good, he goes and does something like this. I really do love him, even when he doesn't insist that I buy new shoes.

4 comments:

mielikki said...

oh, the horrors! A man that insists you buy yourself new, quality shoes!
I hope you had fun shoe shopping!

Rick said...

Shoes - they aren't forever like diamonds, but apparently in your neck of the woods they ain't bad.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

Okay, we compromised. I taught him that there are ways to save money, and he had me get 2 pairs of shoes. By shopping the sales I was able to get a really cute pair of boots for work and a new pair of sneakers. Donny sure can be a sweet guy when he puts his mind to it!

CamiKaos said...

oh shoes.... how do I love thee... let me count the ways.