Sunday, November 02, 2008

Updates

Last Wednesday I took my mom to ER fo back pain. As we sat in the waiting room my mom looks at me and says, "You know, this is all your fault. You haven't posted on your blog for a while, so I figured that I'd give you something to write about." I guess that means it's time for another post.

The trip to ER was actually rather uneventful. Mom had fallen, so they did an xray of her back, There was no damage to the bones, apparently it's a muscular injury. The only thing that happened that bothered me was that the triage nurse forgot to put a name band on my mom. She got the red band for allergies, and a pink and white checked band that we culdn't figure out, but no name band. At first we thought that the number on the checked band might be a replacement, but everybody else coming out of triage had it and a nae band. (They actuall had name bands on each wrist.) The nurse in back noticed the mistake and put a name band on my mom's left wrist.

Other than that, things have been pretty normal around here. Donny's still sick, I'm still dealing with it to the best of my abilities. I had my job interview for tax season and it went amazingly well. During offseason a random sampling of clients were called and asked to do a quality control survey. The highest rating that could be given was a 4, and I got an average of 3.3. The other numbers that my district manager went over with me were high as well. It was a really great interview and I'm looking forward to going back to work. I applied to return to work early, so I should be starting in a couple of weeks.

I wold writ mor, but this keyboard is possessed. It keeps skipping letters that I'm typing and randomly inserting letters or numbers in a long string, like the button is stuck. A new keyboard has been ordered, so hopefully it will be here soon

1 comment:

mielikki said...

Glad to hear that your Mom is okay, Jamie. Pink and white checkered band? Interesting. Maybe it is a 'fall risk' one, because she'd fallen.
Also glad to hear you are keeping yourself busy.