Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hello out there.

I've been doing the early open line of credit at work, so I've been busy, but there's been plenty going on. I'll start with work.

As I said, I'm back at work already. My job is to take applications for a line of credit. We do them online and the customer gets an instant response. Of course, when the program was launched nationally the traffic overwhelmed the computers, and they went out. Our computers have been down since Monday, and they won't be up again until Friday. This means that Friday is going to be one hell of a day. We have 65 people coming in with appointments, plus we take walk-ins. We're going to be hopping all day.

The other day my manager told me that there's a man who's opening a franchise in the little town that's about 5 miles from where I live. He had approached my district manager looking for someone experienced who could help him out. She thought of me and talked to my manager about it. My manager think that this is a great opportunity that I shouldn't pass up on. I would be splitting my time between the new office and the one that I worked in last year. It sounds exciting, but I'm just not sure. I told my manager to have the district manager go ahead and pass my number on, that I would like to talk to him. I'm waiting to see if he calls, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now on to my personal life.

My mom saw the surgeon yesterday for a post op follow up from her gastric bypass. He thinks that the opening leading into her stomach is closing and that she needs surgery to reopen it. He wants her to get it done before she goes to Arkansas in a couple of weeks. Normally this is done as an outpatient procedure, but because of haw far away we live he wants mom to spend one night in the hospital. It sounds really simple, I just hope that my mom doesn't feel the need to complicate it.

Donny had an ultrasound of his abdomen done today. At the end of it the tech went and got the radiologist to come in and take a look at his portal vein. Apparently it's flowing backwards now. The radiologist said that when Donny had his last ultrasound done they had noticed that it would flow backwards intermittently, but now it's just flowing backwards all the time. How is that even possible? How does it not mess up the rest of the circulatory system for one part to flow the wrong way? And what does that mean overall? Is there anything that can be done about it? Is there any reason to even try? What now? I'm really freaked out about this, but I can't let on to Donny that I am. He gets really stressed really easily. If he knew how bad I was freaking out on the inside he would completely lose it.

Okay, I think that's all that's going on for now. That's enough for me.

No comments: