Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another Update

And for our final update (at least for now), Donny is out of the hospital. His mind was quite a bit clearer this morning when I got to the hospital. And when the doctor asked Donny knew the answer to what today's date is. He knew where he was and where he wanted to be. The only thing that the doctor was concerned about was if I had enough lactulose on hand at home. Ha! Like I'd even consider running out! Trust me, we're never anywhere near low on lactulose.

I did think to ask the doctor about the results from the CT scan of Donny's head. They found that he has no brain. Seriously, they didn't see anything abnormal. I now know that my husband's brain is not bleeding. What I don't know is if there is another problem exacerbating the hepatic encephalopathy. (There, I used big words today, we can now go back to regular speech.) It seems that his confusion was much worse than it should have been for his ammonia level, but that's something that I'll take up with our regular doctor.

So after I sprung Donny from the hospital I took him to see his mom. While he was visiting with her my mom and I went shopping. I found two really nice tops for work and my mom convinced me that the smartest thing to do was to buy them. Add to that the top I found on a really good sale yesterday and I'd be doing really well for work clothes if I'd do laundry.

We got home and spent a little time settling Donny in and being sure that he has what he needs. And then I got to take an entire evening to relax at home guilt free. It was great! I'm hoping to get a little more at home time now.

Tomorrow my mom is taking the old ladies and leaving. They'll be gone overnight. I can't tell you how excited I am. For the first time in I don't know how long Donny and I will get the house to ourselves for a few hours. From the time I get home from dropping dad off at work until I have to leave for work we'll have nobody here but the two of us. I'm so excited! Well, I just looked at the time. If I'm going to drive my dad to work in the morning I should get some sleep. Have a good night.

No comments: