Monday, June 25, 2007

Handle Your Scandal

This was the topic of a post on a forum that I belong to and it got me to thinking. I have quite a few people in my life who I wish that I could say this to.

For the person who wants to tell me all about her open marriage, I don't want details! I really don't need to know the list of who you're sleeping with. And I definitely don't need to hear about how many are in the bed at once. If you're happy with your lifestyle, then I'm happy for you, but please, deal with it on your own.

For the person who "needs a sounding board," I don't want to hear it! I realize that you think it's shocking when you tell me about somebody's open marriage and their behavior since that decision was made, but I already know. And here's the real kicker, I don't want to know! And I know that you think I need to know all about your suspicions of drug use, but really, I don't. And I know that you're fascinated by all the drama in everybody else's life, but that you're fascination, please leave me out of it.

And for the one who calls when you need money, I'm not a bank. When you point out that your household is bringing in at least ten times what I do, please don't call me to ask for a loan. (They're not extremely well off, I have an extremely low income.) If I had extra money don't you think I would have a better living situation? If I can make it work, then so can you. Don't buy that new car, or that $200 toy for your 4 year old daughter and then ask me for a loan. It ain't happening!

And for the teenage girl complaining about how guys look at you, stop putting yourself on display! If you look like you're advertising your wares then don't be surprised when that's how you're treated! Cover yourself up and maybe those guys would notice the color of your eyes.

I'm not perfect by any means and I don't want to come off as trying to say I am. If at any time you feel the need, then please feel free to tell me to handle my scandal.

No comments: